A Highly Competent Estate Planning Attorney Properly Manages Your Assets in Staten Island
Ensure the smooth transfer of your property after you pass away
When a person dies without leaving behind a will or estate plan, the process of transferring assets to heirs can become a lengthy one. In New York, if the deceased has not created a will, the laws of intestacy determine the individual’s heirs at law and the manner in which the assets are to be distributed. At Armstrong & Lamberti, PLLC , a Staten Island estate administration attorney can help you put together an estate plan that ensures your property is transferred to the right people with the minimum taxes and fees.
Answering your questions related to estate administration
The estate of a person who has passed away typically enters probate, which is a legal process where the deceased’s debts are settled and property formally passed on to heirs and beneficiaries. If a will exists and is admitted to probate by the Surrogate’s Court of the State of New York, the person named executor of the will is in charge of settling the affairs of the estate and managing the distribution of assets per the deceased’s wishes.
An estate administration lawyer at Armstrong & Lamberti, PLLC — Staten Island’s most experienced law firm dedicated solely to wills, estate planning, elder law, Medicaid planning and estate administration — assists you with creating a sound plan. Our services include:
- Prompt completion of estate and administration proceedings
- Securing benefits to the estate from all sources
- Filing federal and state estate tax returns and obtaining clearance
- Transfer of real property to beneficiaries by deed
- Meeting your family’s immediate needs for cash before probate
- Complying with all IRS rules and avoiding estate tax consequences
- Identifying all parties required to complete probate
- Minimizing capital gains tax on the estate’s assets
- Avoiding income tax losses to IRAs and other retirement benefits
- Estate planning for executors and beneficiaries to preserve and protect the family’s assets
An experienced estate planning attorney works for you
The process of creating a strong estate plan can be confusing, so it is important to have an experienced estate administration lawyer in Staten Island. We meet with you for a one-on-one consultation, answering all of your questions about developing a solid plan for you and your loved ones.
Call today to speak with a competent estate planning attorney
For all of your estate administration and planning needs, work with Armstrong & Lamberti, PLLC . Call us at 718-477-7700 or contact us online. We are located in the Corporate Park of Staten Island and plenty of free parking is available.